The 2019 PTA Reflections program has launched!
This year marks the 50th anniversary of the National PTA’s Reflections program and the theme is “Look Within.”
Students can create artwork inspired by the theme and compete in the following categories: Dance Choreography, Film Production, Literature, Music Composition, Photography, Visual Arts (2D & 3D).
Reflections Art Show October 11 & Awards Assembly October 25
Basic Entry Guidelines
- Students may submit one entry for each of the 7 categories. All entries are due October 3.
- Please ensure student entry forms are fully completed and signed by a parent/guardian.
- Artwork must be the ORIGINAL work of only one student. Multiple people may perform a dance or appear in a video, photo or musical composition but the creator must be one student.
- Artist Statement and Title are required for all pieces.
- Interpretation of Theme score is HALF of the total artwork score so students should spend time thinking about their Artist Statement. This year’s theme is “Look Within.”
- Artwork will be judged by professionals/individuals with experience in the relevant field.
- All students will receive an award for participating!
- Official Rules – General
- Overview of Arts Categories
- Official Rules – Dance Choreography
- Official Rules – Film Production
- Official Rules – Literature
- Official Rules – Music Composition
- Official Rules – Photography
- Official Rules – Visual Arts (2D & 3D)
- Official Rules – Special Artist
Try Something Different • 58% of all 2018 entries were 2D/3D Visual Art • 26% were in the Literature category • The fewest entries were received in Film Production, Dance Choreography and Musical Composition
- October 3 – Reflections Entries Due
- October 11 – Artwork Viewing at Peruvian Park from 8:15am-3:30pm
- October 25 – Awards Assembly – 8:45am grades 3-5 & 9:40am grades K-2
Questions? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.